Club Welfare Officers are vital members of the club and key to making an environment safe, welcoming and friendly for children to enjoy the game of cricket.
Why do clubs need a Club Welfare Officer?
Whilst everyone is responsible for safeguarding, the Club Welfare Officer will make sure the policies and procedures are in place (please see below), and that everyone who should be vetted to work with children, is vetted by the ECB.
They are the person that others come to if they have concerns, and having attended specific training, will know what to do in order to assist, or who to ask for further help.
Hythe and Dibden Cricket Club is committed to continuing to provide an environment where children are welcomed, feel safe and have their views and feelings taken into consideration.
However, there may be a number of reasons why you need to speak to our Welfare Officer. This may be in response to:
- Something you have seen
- Something a child has said
- Signs or suspicions of abuse
- Allegations made against a coach or volunteer
- Allegations made about a parent, carer or someone not working within cricket
- A breach of code of conduct/poor practice
- Observation of inappropriate behaviour
Hythe and Dibden Cricket Club Welfare Officer is Dawn Bowman and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07867556104
- CM 01 Where to take an injured person.pdf
- CM 02 Incident or Concern Reporting Form for Safeguarding.pdf
- CM 03 Code of Conduct for Parents, Guardians, Spectators.pdf
- CM 04 changing and showering policy.pdf
- CM 05 Social Media and Communication Policy.pdf
- CM 06 Transport to matches and practices policy.pdf
- CM 07 Junior Code of Conduct.pdf
- CM 08 Anti Bullying Policy.pdf
- CM 09 Missing Children Policy.pdf
- CM 10 Photography Policy.pdf
- CM 11 Safeguarding Policy.pdf
- CM 12 Sun Screen.pdf
- CM 13 ECB Fielding Regulations.pdf
- CM 14 Equality Policy.pdf
- CM 15 Guidance on the Wearing of Cricket Helmets by Young Players.pdf
- CM 16 Guidelines for dealing with incident or accident.
- CM 17 Junior Cricketers playing in Adult Matches.pdf
- CM 18 Child Protection Policy.pdf
- CM 19 Whistle Blowing Policy.pdf
- CM 20 Useful Safeguarding Contacts.pdf
- CM 21 Information pack for Managers, Coaches and Captains 2020.pdf
- CM 24 Social Media Guidance.pdf
- CM 25 Hythe & Dibden Cricket Club Welfare Training.pdf
- CM 26 Players code of conduct.pdf
- CM 27 Transgender Policy.pdf
- All Stars Code Of Conduct.pdf